- A clear and comprehensive scheme of work in line with the National Curriculum where teaching and learning should show progression across all key stages within both human and physical geography.
- Children have access to key language and meanings in order to understand and readily apply to their written, mathematical and verbal communication of their skills.
- Children will use a range of resources to develop their knowledge and understanding that is integral to their learning and to develop their understanding.
- Knowledge organisers for each topic will show the teaching and learning that will take place and highlight the specific vocabulary for the topic.
- Children will reflect on previous learning and cross curricular links will be made wherever possible
- Children will be able to build on prior knowledge and link ideas together, enabling them to question and become enquiry based learners.
- Attainment will be assessed each half term through related topic assessment tasks
The impact of our geography curriculum is that each child learns more, knows more and remembers more so that they reach their full potential in this curriculum area.
- Most children will achieve age related expectations in Geography at the end of their cohort year.
- Children will retain knowledge that is pertinent to Geography within the context of the world in which we live.
- Children will be able to question ideas and reflect on knowledge.
- Children will work collaboratively and practically during fieldwork.