Jar of good things and wishes
Make one or two jars. You can do it with real jars or containers if you have them, or I have found a picture of a jar that you can print off and write inside. You could even draw your own jar if you like.
The first jar is a jar of good things. I’d like you to write down all the things you have now that make you feel happy and put them into your jar. Some of the things I’ve put in my jar of good things are:
• The family who I live with
• The weather is nice and sunny so I can sit in the garden
• The radio played my favourite song this morning
Are you able to fill your jar up? If you can, try to find at least two things every day to put into your jar.
The second jar is a jar of wishes. In this jar you can write all the things you are looking forward to doing that you are unable to do now. In my jar I have written:
• Visit family who I haven’t been able to see for a while
• Go for a picnic at Rutland Water
• Go to the park