Our Mission Statement
At English Martyrs Catholic Voluntary Academy we strive to live out explicitly the Catholic ethos and Mission Statement of our school underpinning all that we do:
"We learn and grow with the gifts we have been given, following in the footsteps of Jesus."
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to nurture resilient, confident and responsible children, who develop a lifelong love of learning with Christ at the centre of all they do.
We will achieve this by:
- Creating memorable moments, friendships and learning experiences that last a lifetime.
- Making sure that our school’s Catholic ethos reflects our mission to provide each child and member of our school community with a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which to learn, thrive and flourish. To continue working together with our Parish, parents, governors and stakeholders to foster a love of God and His Church through the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Faith.
- By ensuring that our faith, attitudes and virtues are transmitted through the curriculum and are part of our daily lives.·
- By delivering a curriculum that is relevant, varied, interesting, stimulating, balanced and appropriate to the children’s needs.
- By encouraging enquiring minds and a love of learning as well as exposing the children to inspiring learning experiences to grow aspirations for the future.
We have adopted 10 school virtues based on learning habits and our Gospel values: - faith, love, kindness, respect, confidence, resilience, love of learning, forgiveness, courage and patience.
These virtues embed all that we do at school and enable our children to live out our school Mission Statement.
Please find more information about our school virtues on our Catholic life page.